Thursday, January 29, 2015

Available for Custom Order



I love custom orders! They are my favorite things to work on. I love what I do anyway, but with a custom order someone isn’t just buying a piece that I’ve made, they’re asking me to make something personal for them. 
Something special. 
Just for them. 
Or someone they love. 
I feel…honored that someone would trust me to make something special for them!
It’s a special feeling.

The first wedding order I did was for a client who wanted several bottles with different numbers that would denote a different anniversary year. She wanted to have her friends and family add notes to the bottles on her wedding day so she and her husband would be able to open the bottles and read all the notes from loved ones from the day of their wedding. Such a beautiful idea, right?! By far, my favorite order to date.



Her plan at the time was to break the bottles to get to the notes inside, but I hope she figures out a different way to get to them by the time she reaches her first wedding anniversary! They're so pretty! But, even if she does break them, I still feel ok about it because look at those numbers! Some of these bottles are going to be in her life for a long time! And that's really special. 
The coolest thing I learned while doing this set of bottles was how the color of the design made a big difference in how we perceive the base color. The 3 and the 20 in the above picture have the same base color, but because one design is light and one is dark, they look completely different! It was really cool. I mean, maybe this is common sense to some people out there, but I hadn't even considered it when I started designing the bottles, and it was a happy accident for me.

This one is a jar I made for Andrea, which she uses as a toothbrush holder.


This one is for an old high school friend, which has more of a monogrammed look (which I love!!!).

This bottle was made for a couple who had just hit their 50th anniversary. 50th, guys! 50th wedding anniversary! That is crazy!


Here are some custom mugs I made with a Celtic cross and the family's initial in the center. I ended up making about ten of these! So many mugs! 


I created my own stencil to use for the mugs so they all ended up the same size, but all the details, the double lines, the initials, those are all done free hand. So many mugs, man!

I just thought I'd share some of my favorite work with you guys this week. Be sure to join us next week to find out how to qualify for our Valentine's giveaway! 

Till next time!
Alana

2 comments: