Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Liebster Award



We want to thank Creative Neighbours for nominating us for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award, which we didn't know existed until we were nominated, is a great way to pay it forward to new bloggers or bloggers that don't have many followers. It creates a better blog community by helping others grow.


These are the questions and answers from Creative Neighbours:
1. What sort of hobbies do you have?

Andrea: I love to read and make jewelry. I dabble just a little in painting and I love learning to play different instruments. 

Alana: uuuuummmm...I don't really have hobbies...I have obsessions! Usually anything that starts out as a hobby turns into an obsession, and if it doesn't turn into an obsession it just falls to the wayside because my obsessions take over. Like crochet. Definitely an obsession. Henna. Books. Tv series...I'm an obsesser!

2. What blogs do you visit everyday?

Andrea: Mine, lol...Oh, you mean aside from my own...I visit Creative Neighbors just about everyday, Colossal and Melody Anne (I absolutely love her)

Alana: I am terrible at keeping up with blogs! I really am. But I keep up with Daddy Doin' Work, Teacher Tom, and Creative with Kids regularly on Facebook.

3. What's your favourite movie?

Andrea: Hands down, Pride and Prejudice (1995)

Alana: uuuuuugh! I don't think I can pick a favorite movie. I really like SciFi, anything with aliens, robots, time travel, space travel, or dinosaurs, I'm probably into it! I like the occasional chick flick, You've Got Mail, or P.S. I Love You, are both solid go-to chick flicks for me. For some reason, I really love Chinese dramas, they usually make me cry, and sometimes you just need a good cry, you know? I like period pieces, too! and I can definitely jam Pride and Prejudice with Andrea any time. I just like a good story, you know? How can I pick just one when my tastes are so varied????

4. Go out for dinner/ Dancing evening/ Cinema/ or Couch at home?

Andrea: It's a toss up between Cinema(the movies) or the couch at home...:-)

Alana: Dinner and then couch at home. I mean, the couch is just so much more comfortable. And I make way better popcorn than the movie theater stuff (in my humble opinion), that stuff usually makes me puke. But I love food! especially if that food is Sushi!

5. What's the reason you started blogging?

Andrea: I can't speak for Alana but for me, I wanted to get our business out there and let people get to know the people behind the business.

Alana: I feel the same. I want to be able to connect to a larger community.


6. Morning/ afternoon/ evening/ or night?

Andrea: I'm definitely a night owl

Alana: Me too! Night time all the way! I have such a hard time keeping a schedule! and why do kids go to school so early?!


7. Are you a crafty person?

Andrea: I can be when necessary lol

Alana: ummmmmmm...I'm gonna go with yes.


8. What's your favourite store/ webshop?

Andrea: IDK really, I guess I would have to say Michaels

Alana: Michael's is pretty amazing...Since I've started stepping into the local artist/crafter scene in my area, though, I really love to buy from individuals when I can: Local, or just small business.

9. What's your favourite place in the world?

Andrea: Kushla, AL....it's home and where the majority of my family is...family is everything to me :-)

Alana: I don't feel like I've been to enough places to have a favorite place in the WHOLE WORLD. I mean...the World is kind of a big place. I went to Japan once though, and I really loved the food. I would live there just for the food.


10.What's your favourite food?

Andrea: Pasta, but lately it has been my homemade shrimp spinach and artichoke dip...#yummy

Alana: Sushi. I could eat sushi every day. Forever.


11.Who do you admire? ( who is your idol)

Andrea: I would have to say my mom. 

Alana: Emma Watson. She's younger than me and so much more accomplished than me, and probably has her sh*t together way better than me. You go girl!


These are our nominees:


Rules
Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
Answer the questions given by the nominator.
Nominate other small blogs and link them.
Notify all the bloggers you nominated.
Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer. 

Questions for nominees:
1. Why do you blog?
2. If you could say something to the person that supports you the most, what would you say?
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What's your favorite dessert?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. Go Carts/Roller Coaster/Merry-go-round or Paddle boat?
7. What element are you most in tune with (earth, air, water, fire) and why?
8. Best high school memory?
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
10. Favorite time to shop, morning, afternoon, or night?
11. Your favorite local shop or artist?












2 comments:

  1. Hi Alana and Andrea, thanks for the answers on our questions! Have a nice day! Creative Greetings, Kim and Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim and Denise. We really appreciate the both of you for thinking of us as one of your nominees.

    ReplyDelete