Thursday, February 19, 2015

I Know I Have A Book Addiction: First Step....Admitting You Have A Problem

While Alana deals with her Pinterest addiction, I have my own addiction to deal with....my addiction to books or should I say to reading books.

Ever have that book or series of books that take you to a happy place? You know that book that every time you read it endorphins are released in your brain to give you a natural high. Well that's me in a nut shell, always reading trying to get that natural high lol. If you check out our Pinterest you will see some of my favorite reads from the classics to sci-fi / fantasy.

I go through phases of wanting to read different genres. It's like food, ya know, you eat what you have a taste for. Well, I read what I have a taste for lol. Sometimes, I have a taste for an epic journey in a foreign land or in outer space. Sometimes I want to play hard to get with a wealthy duke or viscount. I never really know until I get ready to read what I want to satisfy my appetite.

I do know this, I have to read at least one book a day or I get cranky. Reading soothes me, it's my escape from the real world. I do tend to prefer romance to thrillers or suspense but every now and again I do enjoy the occasional thriller. The real world we live in is so far from fantasy, it's a cruel reality at times. So yeah, I stick to the books where you are in love at first sight, married in a week and stay married til death do us part. What a laugh, that's so unreal but what can I say, I love it.

I think it's time to address whether or not you, my fellow readers, have a book reading addiction.

You may be a book reading addict if:

1. You stare longingly at the book store as you drive by
2. You read at stoplights
3. Your wishlist on your ereader has 20+ books that are sequels or are part of a series
4. You have an ereader and actually use it to read books
5. You prefer apples to oranges
6. I was just seeing if you were paying attention ;-)
7. You love the smell of a new book
8. You binge read entire series
9. You pre-order the next book in a series
10. Reading helps you stay awake and the TV puts you to sleep

So yeah, even if you don't fit this particular list, you have a problem if you even had to check lol. I fit the bill for quite a few of these. I have a problem, do you?

If your answer is yes, add to the list in the comments below with your own book reading addiction problems.

Happy Reading ;-),
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment