Thursday, April 16, 2015

Color Me Green (Andrea)

So me being the person that I am, I have never really given a whole lot of thought to being green. I know right, burn me at the stake, rake me over hot coals and all that jazz. Now don’t get me wrong, I do select the paperless billing option on my bills, I carpool when possible and I even recycle every blue moon. It’s not enough.
The truth of the matter is it’s a very important issue. I should be more proactive. Starting our business has opened a door for me to be able to do that. Being green is important to my business partner, she is way more conscientious of these types of things than I am, so that means it is now important to me. We do a lot of upcycling, which is essentially repurposing different things to give them a new or different meaning. We are all about the saying “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure”. To think that I almost didn’t write this post because I didn’t know what to say. If nothing else I have learned that just haphazardly being green isn’t enough. I need to be proactively green. Hmmm, that sounds like another blog post to me. Stay tuned, I look forward to sharing my proactively green journey with you.

Happy Reading,
Andrea


*We welcome all green ideas, especially the cost efficient ones J

No comments:

Post a Comment